Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Calm

Today, I am calm.  I feel calm.  I feel like I'm radiating calm.  I think it's the calm in the eye of the storm.

Yesterday, I was a little crazy.  My to-do list had its own to-do list.  I had a list of things to pack.  I had a list of things I needed to buy last night.  I had a timetable written out displaying the order in which I wanted to get things done.  I had a list of questions to ask my sister-in-law.  I have another list of things we will need to buy when we get there. 

Maybe I am too dependent on lists?  But how else would I remember the 8,000,000,000 things I need to do?  So I write them down.  And I feel a sense of accomplishment as I cross things off my various lists.

I did a lot of crossing last night.  I got groceries, retrieved Laura, started laundry, baked brownies, made dinner, switched the laundry, folded the laundry, fed my family, did the dishes, painted my toes, folded the rest of the laundry, and packed.  I did all of this between the hours of 6 pm and 10 pm.  I feel like I did a helluva lot in a four-hour time frame!

Things on my list I didn't do: pluck my eyebrows.

I'd say that the frenzy of my evening was pretty successful.  I'd say that my crazy night has allowed me this feeling of calm today.  A few more hours of calm before the crazy sets in again.

Tonight, I am driving with a bunch of fun girls to Upstate New York for a bachelorette weekend.  The crazy starts tomorrow!