Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!
Source

And also, Happy Good Friday (?) and Happy Passover.  If one wishes happiness on those days.  But regardless, my sentiment to you is have a great day.  It's Friday on a very Holy weekend.  Let's celebrate what we've got:
  • We've got the Earth, which is all pretty and covered in spring blossoms and stuff
  • We've got wonderful and strong beliefs - no matter what those beliefs specifically are.  They're all great!
  • We've got friends and family
  • We've got Starbucks giving out free coffee today!
Does this post sound a bit trite to you?  It's sounding trite to me.  But you know what?  It's spring, it's Friday, and I'm happy.  So I don't care of this is a bit trite.

I love the fact that we as humans have so many diverse religions and belief systems.  I love that so many of our religions are inter-dependent on one another.  Without Judaism, we have neither Christianity nor Islam.  That's pretty cool, right?  In my mind it's pretty fantastic.  So many ways of believing in the same God.  The one who created Earth, which we are celebrating today as Lent winds down and Passover ramps up.

Wow.  I am sounding all trite and possibly offensive today.  I admit to not knowing a whole lot about most religions.  But my point is... I am not even sure what my original point was.  But regardless of my point, Starbucks is giving out free coffee and tea today, in honor of Earth Day!

So go out, celebrate this life, and drink some free coffee.  And be glad you are not in my head.