Monday, April 18, 2011

Looking for an excuse?

I was all proud of myself Friday morning when I woke up in New York, pulled on my running clothes, and left the vacation house for a run.  And then I got two feet up the cliff of a driveway and thought I would die.  I huffed and puffed (walking) to the top of the steepest part of the cliff, then got myself running again.  When I got to the top of the drive, I had a great idea:

I know!  I'll run down the street to the next driveway, then I'll run down that one to the lake again, and then I'll run along the shore to our house!  I'm a genius!

And it was a very geniusy idea until I got to the "shore" and realized that there isn't much shore to Seneca Lake after all.  It's really just a brambly mess.  But I had the idea and I was committed.  Or maybe committable.  Because that was one of my worst ideas in a long time.

Well, it was my worst idea until I fell in the hot tub and split my chin open that afternoon.  So here I am back at home, completely covered in scratches and bruises.  I can't tell which injuries are from my "run," and which are from my hot tub antics.  I'm pretty much a mess.

I'm due back at the gym tomorrow, and I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "But I can't get my stitches all sweaty!  I am supposed to keep them both clean and dry!  Sweating is neither!"  But it's not like I don't clean myself after taking a shower, right?  I can still go the gym, right?  Or am I just looking for a reason to sleep in a little tomorrow?

Dear readers,
Please tell me if I am allowed to work out tomorrow!  I've been so good!
Love, Mrs. MidAtlantic