Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm in trouble!

My favorite store just opened 2.1 miles from my house.  I could practically walk there.  Except that I'm too lazy to walk 2 miles just to shop for things I probably don't need.

But what am I talking about?  Of course I need all the shoes, clothing and home furnishings that Marshalls can offer me!
Yes.  I am fabulous.
Laura and I went over to check out the new heaven on earth store after school yesterday.  And we left with one pair of sandals, one shirt, and two pairs of pants in a size six that fit me perfectly.  Um, all of the aforementioned articles of clothing might have been for me.  I might have neglected to buy anything for Laura.

In fairness, I picked out a new board book for Laura - Moo, Baa, La La La! - for the little minchkin.  We read it while we shopped.  When we finished the tome, Laura waved her hands in the air and shouted "Gall Gahn!" (which means all gone) and then shoved the book away.  I took that to mean that it wasn't her literary styling, and that she didn't want to take it home.  So we saved $3.99 off a bill of $100.

All I'm saying is that having a Marshalls so close to home is probably not a good thing for my wallet.  But it is a very good thing for my soul!