Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello, Monday!

Happy Easter!  I have a whole lot I need to write about how Lent wrapped up for me.  For a quick summary, I gave up being frustrated with Laura.  So in actuality, I added patience to my life.  It was a good experience, and I hope that the changes I made continue now that Lent is over.

But today is Monday, and instead of talking about my Lenten Sacrifice, I'd rather talk about my New Year's Resolution.  This year, I resolved to be sexier which, for me, translated to dieting and working out.  I have been a super star at going to the gym.  Seriously!  I have gone at least twice a week every week since January 1 (minus that two week period where I had the plague).

I have no idea how much weight I have lost, because this isn't about the numbers for me.  I didn't weigh myself at the outset of 2011, and I haven't weighed myself this week.  But I do know that I have been successful.  I'm wearing size 8 pants that are too big.

The size 10 pants I bought after Laura was born were lately too big, but still comfy.  Now, they are so too big they are uncomfortable.  I don't need to be pulling my pants up to hide my butt crack every second of the day!  The size 8 pants that I adore for their matchstick style are definitely looking baggier.  Which defeats the purpose of the styling. 

I think it's about time for me to shop for some new jeans.  And I can't wait!

And am I feeling sexier?  Oh man.  If I were to go into detail on Hubby's reaction to my weight loss, it wouldn't be PG.  I'll just say that I'm renewing my gym membership at the end of the month.  Clearly, going to the gym is working out!

(Get it? Working out? I crack myself up!)